We know that renting privately is not an option for many people.
Criticisms include it's too expensive, its not secure, and often that the accommodation offered is to a poor standard.
We aim to help you access quality accommodation in the Private Rented Sector and give you support to maintain your tenancy.
How will you benefit?
- Affordable rents and quality properties
- Access to properties that don't require excessive rents in advance
- Tenancy Agreement and continued support to maintain your tenancy including a payment card to pay any rents easily
- Help for you to open a bank account if required
- A benefits entitlement check for you and further assistance with completing Universal Credit / Housing Benefit claims
Become a tenant with a few easy steps
You can become a tenant with our help if:
- You are 18 years of age (or older)
- You can provide two references
- You are entitled to Housing Benefit/Universal Credit or can afford the Rental charge
We will help you work out if the property is suitable for you with an affordability check
Please contact the numbers below to find out more. A housing officer will arrange an appointment to meet with you to see if they can find you a suitable property
‘Having a payment card to pay weekly and manage my deposit has really helped and been a lot easier’
‘Smartmove really helped. My partner and I both work but still had difficulties accessing the right property via an Estate Agent. They just don’t get back to you. If you had problems I can't imagine how hard it would be. There is definitely a need for a project like Smartmove’